Five ways you can help Camp Spofford
Has Camp Spofford blessed and impacted your life? Would you like to be a part of helping camp grow and continue to bless others? Here are FIVE SPECIFIC ways that we need your help in 2017-2018.
- Granite Debt. This lodge was built in 2006 and has 10 hotel-style rooms and a large meeting space downstairs. It is used year round and is almost always booked full. It was supposed to be paid off earlier, but the sudden and unexpected chapel fire in 2008 meant that funds allocated for Granite were re-allocated to build a new chapel.
- Dining Hall. The new dining hall, now open all year, was built in 2015 and is truly enjoyed by all who come! Guests enjoy eating on the patio, or sitting under the huge canoe that hangs from the ceiling. Now that the dining hall has been built and completely paid off, we would like to install a cooling system to make it more comfortable for guests.
- Gazebo. This icon of Camp Spofford needs some TLC! People still love to hang out in the gazebo, take family pictures, pick blueberries from its ledge, as well as meet for early morning prayer. We want to restore it to its former beauty.
- Waterfront. The amount of campers and guests that enjoy the beach’s boats, life jackets, boards, paddles, etc. is increasing annually. We need to replace them nearly every year for the sake of safety and wear and tear.
- High Ropes Course. Who wouldn’t want to try this out? We have a low ropes course. So, let’s go higher! This will add a new dimension of adventure, intensity and team building for campers and retreat groups.